I need to find a place to rent. What do I do first?

Before you start searching for your new home it’s a good idea to write down a budget. What are your current outgoings and what money do you have left each month to spend on rent? As a guide, your annual gross salary should be 30 times the monthly rent. Example: a monthly rent of £600 would require an annual gross salary of £18,000.

I've seen a place I like the look of. Now what?

Call our office and book a no obligation viewing! If you then want to take the property we require a £250 non-refundable deposit as a commitment, and in return we remove the property from the market and begin referencing.

What does referencing involve?

Referencing is nothing to worry about. Tenants applying to rent need to give details of their employer and income, supply payslips and copies of bank statements, confirmation of previous addresses and photo ID. These are checked to ensure you are able to afford the monthly rental payments.

What is a guarantor?

A guarantor (usually a parent or guardian) will agree to cover the rent if you can’t.

We require a UK homeowning guarantor on all our properties.

Why do I have to pay a deposit?

We trust you to keep the property in a good condition and in good order. The deposit is held to ensure that any damages (apart from fair wear and tear) can be corrected at the end of the tenancy.

What will happen to my deposit?

Your deposit will be insured in the government authorised My|Deposits scheme; you will receive details of this scheme with your certificate when signing the tenancy agreement.

What does a Tenancy Deposit Scheme do?

A Tenancy Deposit Scheme, such as My|Deposits, will protect the money for you and can offer assistance should there be a dispute about the deposit at the end of the tenancy.

What is a tenancy agreement?

A tenancy agreement is a legally binding contract signed by both the tenant and the landlord. It outlines all the rules to which both parties must comply.

What if I want to end the tenancy?

If you are tied into a fixed term contract, you will be liable for the rent until the fixed term is finished. If you are no longer in a fixed term contract (i.e. a rolling contract),

you will need to give a minimum of one months’ notice on or before your next rent date.

What if I can't pay my rent?

It is always your responsibility to pay the rent, but circumstances change. What happens if you become unemployed or are unable to work due to sickness? The most important thing is not to let arrears pile up until they’re unmanageable. Speak to us!

Maintenance: what do I do if I need a repair? Or have an emergency when you are closed?

We own over 200 properties and have our own maintenance division please call the office and it will be added to the maintenance list, if an emergency arises we have an out of hours number to call.